Saturday 30 August 2008

Entry 40: in which one asks what's the point?

What with the stress of recent events, and in the confident expectation of much more to come, I have been seeking diversion.

Since everyone else in the Realm seems addicted to Do Soak You, I thought I would have a go to see if there is any point to this so-called intellectual challenge. Opened the first puzzle and divined the answers immediately. So no point whatsoever.

Was explaining this to Mrs G who was I fear completely unhelpful in her response.

"Der ..." she began, which I think is code for you are being unbelievably stupid, "You aren't supposed to divine the answers. What would be the point of that? You're supposed to infer them".

So returned dutifully to said puzzle that I might infer the answers, only to discover that it actually can't be done.

In other words, pointless, much as I suspected all along.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny, I always divine the answers, inferring them is just no fun and far too much like hard work. I'm totally with God on this one!

John said...

av - just what level of difficulty have you divined to?

Unknown said...

I honestly can't say (it would be telling), I got bored with divining Do Soak You and gave up early on. I find now it's more fun divining words...