Friday 10 October 2008

Entry 51: in which One is astonished

Decided that there has been enough shilly-shallying around the circumstances of my first meeting with Mrs God, so did the obvious thing and waylaid her.

Came straight out with it: "Now look here Mrs G; do you remember exactly when and how we first met?"

To my astonishment this apparently straightforward question was met with peals of laughter and the response "Oh, you are funny!"

And she wandered off cackling to herself.

I mean, for goodness sakes!

9 comments:

Clare Wassermann said...

now that IS worrying. Can God get paranoia? x

John said...

Trust me jollygood, He can, and for very good reason.

Anonymous said...

Could Mrs G have been congratulating herself on her husband's GSOH? Either that, or fishing for compliments?

John said...

I'll leave you to figure it out Pam. Along with Himself, I find that Mrs G is a trifle unfathomable.

Unknown said...

Oh chortle, I think Mrs G wins this round. Only a woman could ever understand a response like that - here's to Mr G's paranoia!

Millennium Housewife said...

Now just when I was begining to believe you were a deity, you behave just like a man! Oh dear, there were a million things said in those few words. MH

John said...

av - steady on now, us martians are feeling increasingly insecure.

mh - ditto; and whose few words? Not your humble editor's, surely?

Janelle said...

ernest? Ernest? ERNEST? Where the hell are you buddy?????? its been wayeeeeeeeeeeee too long....
been watching the heavans and nothing. for ages. pray, tell. what's up?? xx janelle

John said...

Bless you janelle; It's nice to know that if I died someone would notice!!

Fact is I have been sooo busy. Well everyone is I know. But it's the endless restoration. I've been doing stone masonry raising a lintel (lintle?) and it's taken two weeks. I think I'm going to have to blog about it.

Anyway, that's done, so time to catch up on my reading, and posting.