Tuesday 6 January 2009

Postcard from Earth (5: loot)

Dear Pater,

Slightly stung with indignation and a bit of guilt thrown in, ref the birthday bash.

Let me elaborate:

- the turnip, well yes, OK, that was jolly good
- the broom; I think you can draw your own conclusions
- the sandals; hmmm, fair enough, and may be the start of a fashion
- the sand; apparently someone's idea of a joke in case I don't know what the broom's for
- the stick, which I though quite original, turns out to be a replacement shaft for the broom
- and the lump of cheese is, it appears, soap

All in all a touch utilitarian. Never mind, they're jolly nice really (I mean my Earth family, not the presents).

That's all for now,
Love to mama.

PS - no pressie from the Realm, yet. May have fallen down a worm hole?

4 comments:

Janelle said...

eh mr g..stop being a meanie and strike down a very expensive gift for the lad...! do i detect a slowing down in blogging????? C'MON!!! (as in your neuron one...) xxx j

John said...

You have me dead to rights, as usual, janelle. I have instantly and belatedly published a post, this very minute. Ta for the shove.

John said...

teena - if you read this, do you have comments enabled on your blog? I couldn't post there ...

Reya Mellicker said...

What about the myrrh??