Saturday 5 July 2008

Entry 24: in which One is confronted with the madness of crowds

Well sod me, that's all I can say.

Locate one miserable galaxy in a dusty and far flung corner of the universe. In that miserable galaxy, find one star out of 100,000,000,000 other stars. Around that miserable star, locate a few bits of rock in orbit. Or more specifically find the 3rd one out from the sun (sounds familiar, somehow?). Anyway, find the 3rd bleeding rock and call the sodding thing Earth.

Now I ask you, could you possibly, in your wildest dreams, think of anything less significant? Exactly!

So why, for the love of me, is everyone getting so excited about it? The cherubim, as fickle as ... well metaphors fail me for the moment, but that's not the point, suddenly Silicon Planet with it's poor little silicon creatures being melted into glass is passé. Today, the winner of Adopt a Planet is, yes, you guessed it, Earth.

And why? Because of the arrival of one Metatron, aka Enoch. Whose fetching up on these shores is highly suspect.

Mrs God has proved to be no more resilient than the rest, sadly, so flavour of the epoch will be coming round for a spot of social. That's good - Enoch the Epoch. Will have to keep that to myself or risk a scolding. Mrs G has specifically asked me to "behave myself".

As though I am ever anything other than sweetness and light.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I suspect it might only be the inhabitants of the bit of rock called Earth who are excited about it. Everyone else, I suspect, despairs!

John said...

AV - I sometimes think we should despair, at ourselves. If you, hand on heart, had to say what in the planet's history had been most disasterous, it would be us.